My life reeks of nostalgia. TV nostalgia mostly. I spend hours and hours on youtube and retrojunk.com remembering these episodes, movies and commercials. And not the “common” old shows that everyone remembers, the older obscure ones. Those were the best.
– Whenever someone says, “hey! remember that show?” – my response is usually, “umm… yeah, I have a copy of all of the episodes organized and catergorized on DVD or bookmarked on youtube – where have you been?”
– Some of my favourite music includes TV theme songs (and old classic commercials and sesame street number songs). You usually can give me a title of any 80s (and many 90s and 70s for that matter) tv show, and I’ll probably know the theme. The BA Baracas band also rules my listening world.
– I really miss the Fry Guys
– old TVO & PBS & CBC shows are probably still my absolute favourite. I always wished I could be one of the kids on the Elephant Show; eaten those giant marshmallows with Jeff; defeated Duneedon with the Herbertville Chronicle Team; made dinner with Ramona & Beezus; gone to see the Zit Remedy; danced in the forest with les Squelettes; drawn on Mr Dress-up’s easel; played the recorder with Friendly, Rusty & Jerome; and made someone say “I Don’t Know!”
– I am, at this very moment, watching Rags to Riches. Next will be Our House. Maybe the episode with the house fire. I think I’ll look up Camp Cucamonga next.
-Â I want Rob and I to go as Mark & Tom from Camp Caribou for Halloween. But he doesn’t know them. Maybe I should suggest Moose & Beaver?
– I also scour ebay regularly to see if they have the little plastic cabbage patch (cabbage catch) figurines, sylvanian families, gloworms or the pastel make-up disguised as jewelry. Or maybe a popple? I also really miss my Butterbear doll and Annie figurine.
– When I first started making websites, I made one about 80s toys and tv.
– One of my favourite emails is this one. I not only get each reference – I revisit each reference on a daily basis.
– I wish I could still call a BBS
– I watch home videos all the time.